Whimsy Project TODOs
The Apache Whimsy project is maintained by volunteers, and includes both the core server and ASF:: libraries, as well as many individual applications. Patches are welcome - as is reporting bugs or asking questions.
Share common code for places where we jump thru hoops or regexes to account for historical or file formats or odd PMC names.
- tools/collate_minutes.rb - maps PMC names displayed in board reports like concom
- lib/whimsy/asf/committee.rb - maps PMC names within Committee @@aliases
- lib/whimsy/asf/site.rb - maps URLs for groups within Site @@default
- lib/whimsy/asf/mail.rb - maps mail list names within Committee.mail_list
- lib/whimsy/asf/podlings.rb - maps mail list names within *_mail_list
Improve code sharing between www/roster and www/board with lib/whimsy, as above regexes, and improving themes.rb use
Higher level documentation of various lib/whimsy/asf modules, so that they and their associated output public/*.json files can be better used across whimsy and other tools.
- Create templates for new applications and normalize behaviors of existing applications to make a more consistent user experience.
Define core ASF style & header information in the model and implement in various applications. lib/whimsy/asf/themes.rb
Improve error handling in appropriate scripts to provide friendly user-visible cues on completion or stacktrace. Best practice to use _body? in scripts and do complex operations inside that block: then wunderbar will emit header and formatted error message for user.
Implement custom server error messages. (done for /www browse and roster tool)
Show flow of data generated or consumed, tying back to the Role/Group that maintains it. www/test/dataflow.cgi
Implement directory level index functionality to display a list of other available (and publishable) scripts there. Scan curdir; forall *.cgi where second line includes WVisible, display name/link. Using a positive comment ensures only scripts wishing to be displayed are visible. Effectively done as much is valuable: www/committers/tools