A MERN stack web application deployed on Heroku, with a React frontend with a Express backend.
This project uses REST API design and Express to create API routes, along with Mongoose and MongoDB for data modeling and persistence.
The app will provide a way for users to:
- see immunization data for Washington state schools by immunization type, exemption reason & more on a Google map
- interact with the map displaying schools in the database
- each map marker will display an infowindow w/ that schools immunization data
MongoDB installed on your local machine.You will need
Clone the repo:
$ git clone email@example.com:apalm112/FSJS-Capstone.git
cdinto the project folder & install dependencies:
$ npm i
/clientfolder & install dependencies:
$ npm i
.Env File for API Keys
You will need to create a
.envfile in the root directory of the project and a second
.envfile in the
To run this project you will need your own:
REACT_APP_MAP_KEY=<Google Maps API Key>
In the root directory
SOCRATA_API_KEY=<Socrata App Token>
3 existing mLab Database account (they are no longer creating new ones)
- Login to your mLab account & create a new MongoDB Deployment, under the free option.
- Add a new database user & password to it.
- Add the standard MongoDB URI from the deployment into the root directory
To run the app, in the terminal enter:
$ npm start