Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 31 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
- Up v0.1.0 – Introduction blog post covering the initial featureset
- Up v0.2.0 – Stack updates, cost metrics, deploy size, and more
- Up v0.3.0 – Custom domains, logging & stability improvements and more.
- Up v0.4.0 – Alerting, Encrypted Environment Variables, and 30% Quicker
- Up v0.5.0 – Custom stages and instant rollbacks
- Up v0.6.0 — IAM policies, Git Versioning, Deployment History, and more
- Creating Slack commands with Golang
- Deploy infinitely scalable applications to AWS in minutes with Up & Semaphore CI
- Deploying GraphQL Servers with Apex Up
Videos & talks given about Up.
- From Development to Production — by TJ Holowaychuk (15 minutes)
- Rollbacks — by TJ Holowaychuk (3 minutes)
- Environment Variables — by TJ Holowaychuk (8 minutes)
- Introduction — by Kai Hendry (30 minutes)
- Deploying a Serverless GraphQL API — by Sashko Stubailo
Some applications using Up.
- Apex Ping – Uptime & performance monitoring
- GitHub Polls (src) – SVG GitHub user polls service
- Palettes – Discover what colors websites are using
- Readme App (src) – Readme is a purposefully feature-lite Twitter reader.
- Bins – Golang programs cross-compiled on-demand
- GUI — GitHub readme UI components
- Eclectica — (src) Version manager for any language
- Saldo TUC - (src) Check the balance of TUC cards
- Bright YC startup: Residential solar for the developing world
- CloudQuery - Turn any website to serverless API
Databases which are offered as managed clusters or entirely serverless.
Hosted & managed databases usually require that you scale the cluster manually, and in some cases tune for performance or stability, thus manual intervention may be required.
- AWS Elasticsearch – Managed analytics and full-text search
- AWS RDS – Managed MySQL and Postgres
- AWS ElastiCache – Redis & Memcached
- Digital Ocean Postgres — Managed Postgres
- Compose – Myriad of managed databases (MongoDB, Redis, Postgres, etc)
- Google Cloud SQL – Fully-Managed PostgreSQL & MySQL
- InfluxDB – Timeseries database for low latency analytics
- Elastic Cloud – Elasticsearch provided by its creators
A "serverless" database is elastic and scales on-demand with your workload, and typically require no tuning of any kind.
- AWS Aurora – Large scale MySQL & Postgres
- AWS DocumentDB - MongoDB Compatible, Fully managed document database service
- AWS DynamoDB – Document database with auto-scaling (though there is a delay)
- Azure Cosmos – Multi-model globally distributed (document, mongo protocol, graph)
- Firebase Cloud Firestore – Replicated document store
- Firebase Realtime Database – Realtime NoSQL database
- Google BigQuery – Serverless analytics for massive scale and low cost
- Google Cloud Datastore – Highly Scalable NoSQL Database
- Google Cloud Spanner – Horizontally scalable, strongly consistent, relational database
- Graph.cool – Serverless GraphQL as a service
- FaunaDB – Globally distributed relational NoSQL with ACID transactions
Tools which you may find useful when working with Up.