The purpose of Swagger Tools (swagger-tools) is to provide some useful Swagger tooling written for Node.js and the browser (where applicable). Use the links below to get specific documentation about the provided APIs and tools:
- CLI: The command line interface for swagger-tools
- Middleware: Connect middleware using Swagger information for various things (Ex: Request validation, routing, ...)
- Validation: Documentation on how our Swagger validation works
Swagger Tools is available for both Node.js and the browser. Installation instructions for each environment are below.
Installation for browser applications can be done via Bower or by downloading a standalone binary.
bower install swagger-tools --save
The standalone binaries come in two flavors:
- swagger-tools-standalone.js: 2,280kb, full source (including all dependencies) and source maps
- swagger-tools-standalone-min.js: 316kb, minified, compressed and no sourcemap
Installation for Node.js applications can be done via NPM.
npm install swagger-tools --save
If you want to use the
swagger-tools executable for validating Swagger documents, you can install swagger-tools
globally using the following:
npm install -g swagger-tools
At this point, you're ready for the Quick Start.