Proposal for new Beets plugin
Desc: A plugin to create m3u playlists for ...
- albums during import operations
- albums already in database (auto-gen one / some / all)
- all items returned by a custom search query
Details: The plugin should ...
- offer relative or absolute file paths in playlists
- allow saving of playlist file to different locations (e.g. album folder, library-level folder or custom directory)
- optionally (auto) generate a playlist when an album is imported
- provide a CLI to create playlist files for existing library entities, this should include albums and custom compilations of singletons
- optionally include the UTF-8 BOM for the M3U8 format?
- support other playlist formats (e.g. PLS)?
- limit the number of items allowed per playlist! (or at least per generate operation?)
- provide ability to append items to an existing playlist file?
- update playlist files when items are changed, preferably on-demand (i.e. search for playlist items (per playlist) and update as required)
- provide some means to test which albums do/don't have a playlist associated with them? (e.g. create a reference in the database!)