Otter for Funkwhale
Otter is a native Android music player for Funkwhale, native to Android (developed in Kotlin) and to Funkwhale (uses its native API instead of Subsonic).
Otter's features, as of this writing, are the following:
- Basic collection browsing (artists, albums and tracks)
- Playlists listing
- Favorites management (listing and add/remove)
- Track search
- Queue management
- Caching of played tracks (played tracks work offline)
- Dark mode!
Otter will try to behave as you would expect a mobile music player to, meaning integrating with the OS's media controls (including headset controls) or pause on incoming calls. If there is anything you would like it to do, please open an issue.
Here is a (non-binding, unfinished) list of what we would like Otter to be able to do - eventually:
- F-Droid listing
- Playlist management (including creation and adding/removing of tracks)
- Chromecast support
- Download ("pin in cache") tracks