Currently, Titanium supports mobile smartphone operating systems such as Apple iPhone, Google's Android, Tizen and Mobile Web. RIM Blackberry 10 support is currently in development. Other platforms will eventually be supported such as Windows 8.
Titanium is licensed under the OSI approved Apache Public License (version 2). Please see the LICENSE file for specific details.
- Native apps built using web technologies
- Apps are compiled and run locally (offline available)
- Full support for HTML5 and CSS3
- Support for all native platform UI controls
- Support for in-application SQL database
- Support for Geolocation (compass, geolocation, forward/reverse lookup)
- Support for Camera (taking Photos, playing and recording Video)
- Support for Photo Album (reading and writing)
- Support for Contacts Database / Address Book
- Support for Streaming Audio and Recording Audio, Audio Input Levels, Mic etc
- Support for Vibration
- Support for Social APIs such as Facebook Connect, Twitter, etc
- Support for Yahoo YQL
- Support for Web Services via REST, SOAP
- Support for native Maps
- Support for Push Notifications
- Support for in-application Email
- Support for in-application SMS, Telephone
- Support for Filesystem (reading, writing, etc)
- Support for Gestures (such as Shake)
- Support for Platform and Device capabilities
- Support for complex native views such as Coverflow, Image viewers, Table views, Grouped Views, Composites, etc.
- Completely extensible via Module API for building your own controls or extending capabilities at compile-time
And much, much more.
Alloy is the MVC application framework built on top of Titanium. It is optional. It rocks. Check it out if you're considering using Titanium. It is also a separate open source project available under Apache Public License.
There are a number of ways to get help with Titanium.
Please visit the official documentation site at http://docs.appcelerator.com/ for the latest and historical documentation on Titanium, Alloy and the various products built by Appcelerator.
Appcelerator Developer is our developer community.
Appcelerator Videos is our main video channel for video tutorials on Titanium.
Titanium developers regularly visit
#titanium_app on irc.freenode.net.
Please consider following the @Appcelerator Twitter team for updates.
We give our software away for FREE! In order to do that, we have programs for companies that require additional level of assistance through training or commercial support, need special licensing or want additional levels of capabilities. Please visit the Appcelerator Website for more information about Appcelerator or email email@example.com.
Titanium is an open source project. Titanium wouldn't be where it is now without contributions by the community. Please consider forking Titanium to improve, enhance or fix issues. If you feel like the community will benefit from your fork, please open a pull request.
To protect the interests of the Titanium contributors, Appcelerator, customers and end users we require contributors to sign a Contributors License Agreement (CLA) before we pull the changes into the main repository. Our CLA is simple and straightforward - it requires that the contributions you make to any Appcelerator open source project are properly licensed and that you have the legal authority to make those changes. This helps us significantly reduce future legal risk for everyone involved. It is easy, helps everyone, takes only a few minutes, and only needs to be completed once.
You can digitally sign the CLA online. Please indicate your email address in your first pull request so that we can make sure that will locate your CLA. Once you've submitted it, you no longer need to send one for subsequent submissions.