AppCove Network extensions for RedHat Enterprise Linux and similar.
- Designed to work with RHEL 6, Centos 6, Oracle Linux 6
- Useful tools and utilites relating to python, git, administration
- Quick install to /opt/acn-linux using bootstrap script
- RPMS may come eventually
- Apache License
As root, copy and paste this line onto your terminal
curl -L 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/appcove/acn-linux/master/meta/bs1.sh' > acnsh && bash acnsh && . /etc/profile
This does several things:
- Install EPEL
- Install git
- Clone acn-linux into /opt/acn-linux
- Append to the python sys.path (/opt/acn-linux/python2.6)
- Append to the system $PATH (/opt/acn-linux/bin)
To start the setup process
This will guide you through each setup step. We recommend you run them in order, as some depend on others.
Calling program used to call other programs.
Set the system timezone. US/Eastern is the default. This command shows you the time before and after it is run, so any issues may be spotted.
# acn-setup-timezone The Time is: Mon Nov 19 22:30:25 EST 2012 Set the timezone (yes)? Enter the timezone (US/Eastern): US/Pacific NOW, the Time is: Mon Nov 19 19:30:32 PST 2012
How it works:
- Ask user for valid timezone. Verify against
- Update the ZONE line in /etc/sysconfig/clock
- run tzdata-update, which updates /etc/localtime
Update to the latest version of ACN. It is assuming you are sitting on the
master branch, so if you are not, it will not work as expected.
# acn-update-self Do you want to update "/opt/acn-linux" to the latest? (yes)? remote: Counting objects: 11, done. remote: Compressing objects: 100% (1/1), done. remote: Total 6 (delta 5), reused 6 (delta 5) Unpacking objects: 100% (6/6), done. From git://github.com/appcove/acn-linux 5b3d1eb..c91c781 master -> origin/master Updating 5b3d1eb..c91c781 Fast-forward README.md | 36 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ TODO.md | 15 --------------- bin/acn-setup-timezone | 10 ++++++++-- 3 files changed, 44 insertions(+), 17 deletions(-)
How it works:
- Change to the /opt/acn-linux directory