The app includes Select2 driven Django Widgets.
pip install django_select2
INSTALLED_APPSin your project settings.
django_selectto your urlconf if you use any 'Auto' fields.
Upgrade from Version 4
Version 5 is a complete rewrite of the package to drastically reduce the code base and to ensure a future maintainability.
While we feature set remained unchanged, the API changed completely. Major changes:
- Fields have been removed in favor of widgets.
- All version 4 settings have been removed.
- Template tags have been removed.
Upgrade can be done in 5 simple steps:
- Remove all existing and to setup the new cache backend.
- Remove the old template tags from your templates:
form.media.cssto the top and
form.media.jsto the bottom of your base template.
- Upgrade to jQuery version 2, if you are still running version 1.
- Replace old fields with new widgets.
Documentation available at http://django-select2.readthedocs.io/.
- jQuery version 2 This is not included in the package since it is expected that in most scenarios this would already be available.
This application is used to manually test the functionalities of this package.
This also serves as a good example.
- Samuel Goldszmidt (@ouhouhsami) for reporting many fundamental issues with the code, because of which versions 2.0 and 2.0.1 were released.
- Johannes Hoppe (@codingjoe)
Copyright 2012 Nirupam Biswas
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this project except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.