(Japanese Classroom, by Blender Swap’s user NovaZeeke.)
appleseed is an open source, physically-based global illumination rendering engine primarily designed for animation and visual effects.
appleseed is actively developed by a small, international team of talented volunteers from the animation and VFX industry. Its core mission is to provide individuals and small studios with a complete, reliable, fully open rendering package.
appleseed is available as a portable C++ library with C++ and Python APIs, as a set of standalone applications for Windows, Linux and macOS, and as native plugins for content creation applications. Downloads →
On the Web
- Home: appleseedhq.net
- Twitter: twitter.com/appleseedhq
- Vimeo: vimeo.com/appleseedhq
- Users Forum: forum.appleseedhq.net
- Developers Mailing List: appleseed-dev
- How to build appleseed from source
- Coding philosophy and guidelines
- Detailed projects ideas
- Developer and contributor wiki
appleseed and its accompanying software is released under the MIT license.
© 2010-2017 The appleseedhq Organization