This is a beta release of appleseed-maya, an appleseed plugin for Autodesk Maya.
The plugin works with Maya 2017 and Maya 2018. We currently provide binaries for Maya 2017.
We will provide binaries for Maya 2018 soon. Other Maya versions are not being tested and may or may not work.
Keep in mind this is beta-quality software and there are a number of known bugs that will be fixed in the next releases of the plugin.
Additional information is available on appleseed's users forum.
The following people contributed code for this release, in alphabetical order:
- Luis Barrancos
- François Beaune
- Esteban Tovagliari
The plugin is a Maya module.
- Uncompress the zip file.
- Add the path containing the
appleseed-maya.modfile to your
Maya.envfile or to the
- Launch Maya and enable the plugin in the Plug-in Manager.
Main Plugin Features
- Render to Maya’s RenderView
- Batch rendering
- appleseed project export
- Image-Based Lighting via appleseed Physical Sky, and Dome Light
- Support for most of Maya’s Hypershade nodes
- Standard, Disney and Glass appleseed materials
- Noise and Voronoi 2D and 3D appleseed textures
- Support for custom OSL shaders as Maya shading nodes
- Swatch rendering is not supported yet
- IPR is not supported yet
- XGen support is work-in-progress and is disabled in this release
- Only meshes are exported and rendered right now