appleseed 1.1.0 alpha-23
These are the release notes for appleseed 1.1.0 alpha-23.
The following people contributed code for this release (in alphabetical order): François Beaune, Srinath Ravichandran, Esteban Tovagliari.
- Added support for OSL emission.
- Exposed the Disney BRDF as an OSL closure.
- Added support for degree-1 (linear) curves.
- Added support for external display drivers (as shared libraries / DLLs).
- Implemented monochromatic photons in SPPM lighting engine (~5x memory reduction).
- Added support for smooth tangent vectors.
A variant of the Cornell Box scene rendered using SPPM with monochromatic photons:
Smooth tangent vectors (on the foot):
- The Tangent and Bitangent modes of the diagnostic surface shader are now based on the actual tangent vectors instead of dP/du and dP/dv.
- Added support for OSL camera coordinate system.
- Added support for OSL
- Fixed hierarchical instancing of assemblies.
- Experimental "Frozen Display" mode when manipulating the camera during interactive rendering.
Frozen Display mode:
- Scene picking now prints the depth at the picking point.
- Fixed bug: slider can no longer be moved after having set the value to exactly 0.