Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
These are the release notes for appleseed 1.1.0 alpha-23.
The following people contributed code for this release (in alphabetical order): François Beaune, Srinath Ravichandran, Esteban Tovagliari.
- Added support for OSL emission.
- Exposed the Disney BRDF as an OSL closure.
- Added support for degree-1 (linear) curves.
- Added support for external display drivers (as shared libraries / DLLs).
- Implemented monochromatic photons in SPPM lighting engine (~5x memory reduction).
- Added support for smooth tangent vectors.
A variant of the Cornell Box scene rendered using SPPM with monochromatic photons:
Smooth tangent vectors (on the foot):
- The Tangent and Bitangent modes of the diagnostic surface shader are now based on the actual tangent vectors instead of dP/du and dP/dv.
- Added support for OSL camera coordinate system.
- Added support for OSL
- Fixed hierarchical instancing of assemblies.
- Experimental "Frozen Display" mode when manipulating the camera during interactive rendering.
Frozen Display mode:
- Scene picking now prints the depth at the picking point.
- Fixed bug: slider can no longer be moved after having set the value to exactly 0.