Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
These are the release notes for appleseed 1.5.0-beta.
The following people contributed code for this release: François Beaune, Ramon Blanquer, John Haddon, Esteban Tovagliari.
(appleseed render by François Gilliot, inspired by ferronne's amazing Revolution glassware collection.)
- Massive scaling, responsiveness and speed improvements during interactive rendering.
- Added support for parametric surface generation (plane, sphere and torus are currently implemented).
- Diffuse Mean Free Path inputs in BSSRDFs are now colors instead of scalars.
- Improved handling of asset files referenced by projects. In particular, textures referenced by SeExpr expressions are now properly tracked as project dependencies (#575).
- Improved UV diagnostic surface shader.
- Added facing ratio diagnostic shader.
- Added background environment shader to shade the background with a solid color or a texture.
- Fixed default range for IOR inputs.
- Allow negative number of rendering threads (#774).
- Added optional automatic computation of smooth normals and tangents on mesh objects at loading time.
- Added support for environment transforms.
- Fixed wrong background color for colored messages in console on Windows (#1037).
- BSSRDFs now benefit from automatic IOR tracking; replaced Inside/Outside IOR with a single IOR value.
- Print more rendering settings when rendering starts.
- Changed default tile ordering to spiral.
- Changed default reconstruction filter to 1.5-pixel Blackman-Harris.
- Emit proper error messages when texture files referenced in SeExpr expressions cannot be loaded.
- Emit proper error messages when failing to write project files to disk.
- Fixed crash at exit time in appleseed.cli in benchmark mode.
- Fixed several problems with the glass BSDF.
- Fixed crash when loading deforming meshes without normals.
- Fixed bug when path tracing a scene with specular BSDFs and a limited number of bounces.
- Improved reporting and handling of invalid pixel samples.
- Reduced startup time and memory usage in scenes with multiple lat-long environment EDFs.
- Print full paths of entities instead of just entity names in log messages.
- Improved the
- Added Mari-style UDIM support to texture shaders.
- Allows negative values of anisotropy in the Disney closure.
- Improved the way entities bound to inputs are shown and behave.
- Fixed crash when rendering the current project, after loading another project failed.
- Persist the state of geometry of windows, dialogs and dockable panels.
- No longer print camera settings every time the camera changes.
- Fixed the file picker in entity edtor: file changes were not applied unless Enter was pressed.
- Expose methods to set and retrieve the frame's crop window in appleseed.python.
- Command line tools now load their settings from
- Message verbosity of all tools can now be set in settings files. Default verbosity is Info.