These are the release notes for appleseed 1.8.1-beta.
appleseed 1.8.1-beta is a minor release fixing issues discovered in appleseed 1.8.0-beta.
- Added energy compensation to glossy and metal BRDFs.
- Fixed Max Ray Intensity which was partially broken in the previous release.
- Fixed occasional warnings during rendering (NaN, negative or infinite pixel samples).
- Improved handling of errors during loading of geometry assets.
- Exposed Plastic BRDF to OSL via the
- Updated and improved
dumpmetadatacommand line tool.
- Light importance multiplier is now a numeric input.
- Make appleseed.studio's Windows icon multi-resolution.
- Emit log message once packing project is complete.
- Cleaned up appleseed OSL extensions (