Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This is a beta release of blenderseed, an appleseed plugin for Blender 2.79 (Blender 2.8 is not yet supported).
This release is designed to work with appleseed 2.0.0-beta.
Keep in mind this is beta-quality software and there are a number of known bugs that will be fixed in the next releases of the plugin.
- François Beaune
- Jonathan Dent
- Esteban Tovagliari
- Joel Daniels
- Petra Gospodnetic
- Luke Kliber
- Kevin Masson
- Jasper van Nieuwenhuizen
blenderseed's export and render pipeline has been completely re-written. Whereas before it exported XML scene files and used the
appleseed.cli utility, now everything is handled inside Blender using appleseed's Python bindings.
In addition to increased robustness, we are happy to announce that blenderseed is now able to support Blender's rendered preview viewport.
In addition, the process used to read and dynamically load OSL shader nodes is far more reliable now with the Python bindings, so we've made the decision to move the shading system completely to OSL and remove the legacy built-in shading system (with the exception of volumetric materials).
Finally, we've decided to include appleseed itself with the blenderseed download, so you no longer need to set the path to appleseed in the preferences.
- Area lamps
- Archive assemblies
- Support of linked groups and objects
- Adaptive sampling
- Lens shift
- Post-processing stages
- Full AOV support
- More robust and efficient support of duplis and particles
- Download the blenderseed version that matches your operating system.
- Start Blender, then File → User Preferences.
- Click on Install Add-on from File... and find the blenderseed archive that you downloaded in step 1.
- After the addon has installed, locate the appleseed plugin in your addon list (you can filter by Render in the category list on the left) and enable it.
- Click Save User Settings and close the dialog.
- Choose appleseed in the rendering engine dropdown.