This is a beta release of blenderseed, an appleseed plugin for Blender 2.79 and Blender 2.80.
blenderseed 2.0.0-beta embeds appleseed 2.1.0-beta. It contains everything that is needed and does not require any other download.
Keep in mind this is beta-quality software and there are a number of known bugs that will be fixed in the next releases of the plugin.
Also, please note that the Blender 2.80 plugin is currently available for Windows only.
- François Beaune
- João Marcos Mororo Costa
- Herbert Crepaz
- Jonathan Dent
- Esteban Tovagliari
- Native Cryptomatte integration (Blender 2.80 plugin only).
- Stereoscopic camera support (Blender 2.80 plugin only).
- OSL scripting node (Blender 2.80 plugin only).
- Custom shader search paths can be set in the user preferences.
- Fisheye lens support.
- Lens shift support.
- New UI for shading nodes. Parameters are now grouped by function and can optionally accept a texture input.
- Mesh exporter code has been moved to C++, leading to a 10x improvement in speed.
- Texture converter is friendlier (and doesn't rely on the
maketxcommand line utility any longer).
- Border rendering now works for all camera views, however real time updates in interactive mode do not occur yet.
- Download the blenderseed version that matches your Blender version and operating system.
- Start Blender, then File → User Preferences.
- Click on Add-ons, then Install Add-on from File... and find the blenderseed archive that you downloaded in step 1.
- After the addon has installed, locate the appleseed plugin in your addon list (you can filter by Render in the category list on the left) and enable it.
- Click Save User Settings and close the dialog.
- Choose appleseed in the rendering engine dropdown.