Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This is a beta release of blenderseed, an appleseed plugin for Blender 2.75 and later.
This release is designed to work with appleseed 1.8.1-beta.
Keep in mind this is beta-quality software and there are a number of known bugs that will be fixed in the next releases of the plugin.
- Implemented tile highlighting.
- Exposed tile size parameter.
- Exposed environment alpha parameter.
- Exposed orthographic camera.
- Exposed exposure and vertical/horizontal shifts to lat-long environment map.
- Exposed exposure parameter to lights and light-emitting materials.
- Exposed Sun distance and size multiplier in Sun lamp.
- Progress bar is now updated during rendering.
- Added missing BSDF nodes.
- Set Max Ray Intensity to Unlimited by default.
- Remove unimplemented Recompute Vertex Normals checkbox.
- Improved handling of plugin misconfiguration.
- Don't mask runtime errors when writing material preview project to disk.
- Many user interface improvements.
- Many bug fixes.
Short (2 minutes) user-contributed tutorial, click on the image to play on Vimeo:
- Download and unzip appleseed: https://appleseedhq.net/download.html
- Download blenderseed but don't unzip it.
- Start Blender, then File → User Preferences.
- Click on Install Add-on from File...
- Locate the appleseed plugin (you can filter by Render in the category list on the left) and enable it.
- In the plugin settings, set appleseed Binary Directory to the
binfolder of appleseed (e.g.
- Click Save User Settings and close the dialog.
- Choose appleseed in the rendering engine dropdown.