- Steven Bird firstname.lastname@example.org
- Edward Loper email@example.com
- Ewan Klein firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright (C) 2001-2011 NLTK Project
For license information, see LICENSE.txt
NLTK -- the Natural Language Toolkit -- is a suite of open source Python modules, data sets and tutorials supporting research and development in Natural Language Processing.
A substantial amount of documentation about NLTK is available:
The NLTK website has information about the NLTK community.
The NLTK Book covers a wide range of introductory topics in NLP, and shows how to do all the processing tasks using the toolkit.
The API Documentation describes every module, interface, class, method, function, and variable in the toolkit.
There are several mailing lists associated with NLTK:
- nltk: Public information and announcements about NLTK (very low volume).
- nltk-users: Discussions amongst NLTK users.
- nltk-dev: Discussions amongst NLTK developers.
- nltk-translation: Discussions about translating the NLTK book.
- nltk-commits: Subversion commit logs for NLTK.
If you would like to contribute to NLTK, please see http://www.nltk.org/contribute
Have you found the toolkit helpful? Please support NLTK development by donating to the project via PayPal, using the link on the NLTK homepage.
NLTK source code is distributed under the Apache 2.0 License.
NLTK documentation is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States license.
NLTK corpora are provided under the terms given in the README file for each corpus; all are redistributable, and available for non-commercial use.
NLTK may be freely redistributed, subject to the provisions of these licenses.
If you publish work that uses NLTK, please cite the NLTK book, as follows:
Bird, Steven, Edward Loper and Ewan Klein (2009). Natural Language Processing with Python. O'Reilly Media Inc.