1.Name (Project Heading): TapAlpha
2.Institute: IIT Kanpur
Tap alpha is an app designed for children with special needs, who are beginning to learn about the alphabets.
It is conceived as a supplementary teaching aid to emphasize the sequencing of alphabets by the user. It can be used to assess the recognition of the alphabets and for sequencing of the alphabets.
What is taught?
The sequence of the Upper case alphabets, lower case alphabets and letter recognition. The user will also learn pronunciation of the alphabets in simple, clear, understandable way.
There is also an assessment mode through which the special educator or parent can know about the following details:
- How long the child has taken for completing each screen?
- The alphabet which the child is unable to recall in a sequence?
- In the second level, it is easier to check whether the child can identify the letter.
- In the third level, the sequencing of the alphabets can be assessed.
How to install
- Download TapAlpha.apk file on to your mobile/tablet
- Open file manager in your device
- Locate TapAlpha.apk and click on it.
- Click ok when asked whether install the app
- The app will be installed to the apps section of your device immediately.
- Now you can start TapAlpha by click on this icon.