1.Name (Project Heading): TapAlphaHinglish
2.Institute: IIT Kanpur
About TapAlpha( Hinglish) is an app designed for children with special needs, who are beginning to learn about the alphabets. It is a version of TapAlpha in which the instructions are given both in hindi and english for the same program. In this way it will facilitate the non english users also to use the app effectively. It is conceived as a supplementary teaching aid to emphasize the sequencing of alphabets by the user. It can be used to assess the recognition of the alphabets and for sequencing of the alphabets.
What is taught?
The sequence of the Upper case alphabets, lower case alphabets and letter recognition. The user will also learn pronunciation of the alphabets in simple, clear, understandable way. There is also an assessment mode through which the special educator or parent can know about the following details:
- How long the child has taken for completing each screen?
- The alphabet which the child is unable to recall in a sequence?
- In the second level, it is easier to check whether the child can identify the letter.
- In the third level, the sequencing of the alphabets can be assessed.
How to install
- Download TapAlphaHinglish.apk file on to your mobile/tablet
- Open file manager in your device
- Locate TapAlphaHinglish.apk and click on it.
- Click ok when asked whether to install the app
- The app will be installed to the apps section of your device immediately.
- Now you can start TapAlphaHinglish by click on this icon.