Stash by AppsCode is a Kubernetes operator for restic. If you are running production workloads in Kubernetes, you might want to take backup of your disks. Traditional tools are too complex to setup and maintain in a dynamic compute environment like Kubernetes.
restic is a backup program that is fast, efficient and secure with few moving parts. Stash is a CRD controller for Kubernetes built around
restic to address these issues. Using Stash, you can backup Kubernetes volumes mounted in following types of workloads:
- Fast, secure, efficient backup of Kubernetes volumes (even in
- Automates configuration of
resticfor periodic backup.
- Store backed up files in various cloud storage provider, including S3, GCS, Azure, OpenStack Swift, DigitalOcean Spaces etc.
- Restore backup easily.
- Periodically check integrity of backed up data.
- Take backup in offline mode.
- Support workload initializer for faster backup.
- Prometheus ready metrics for backup process.
Please pick a version of Stash that matches your Kubernetes installation.
|Stash Version||Docs||Kubernetes Version|
|0.7.0 (uses CRD)||User Guide||1.8.x+|
|0.6.4 (uses CRD)||User Guide||1.7.x|
|0.4.2 (uses TPR)||User Guide||1.5.x - 1.6.x|
To install Stash, please follow the guide here.
Want to learn how to use Stash? Please start here.
Stash API Clients
You can use Stash api clients to programmatically access its objects. Here are the supported clients:
Want to help improve Stash? Please start here.
Stash binaries collects anonymous usage statistics to help us learn how the software is being used and how we can improve it. To disable stats collection, run the operator with the flag
If you have found a bug with Stash or want to request for new features, please file an issue.