Chef cookbook for the monit monitoring and management tool.
Submitting a change
- Make sure your code follows existing conventions
- Squash your PR into a single commit
- Rebase onto master if needed
- Add Chefspec test
- Make sure foodcritic is happy
- Make sure your PR is marked as "safe to merge"
How to add to your cookbook repository
Download the tarball
It's up on the opscode cookbook community site.
Vendor via knife
$ knife cookbook site download monit
Track upstream changes via git
I use git submodules for my chef repos so I can push/pull changes with minimal hassle.
For more info, check out the Pro Git book.
Add the monit repo
$ cd YOUR_REPO_ROOT $ git submodule add git://github.com/apsoto/monit.git cookbooks/monit