Lifestream is a series of scripts to grab data from places and dump it into a
Lifestream currently runs http://NicholasAvenell.com
Lifestream is an AJAX-based box that updates this on a web page in real time.
Lifestream is a wordpress plugin to make that work, too.
Dayze is a website using all this data.
How to make it go:
- Initialise the submodules (git submodule init)
- Install the Google Python API
- Use the schema to create a database
- copy config.ini.example to lose the example bit
- edit it to contain real live database and API details
- Each import script accepts a username as a parameter
pipe the output of the script to the database
- eg: twitter.py [Lifestream “Type”] [Twitter Username]
- You should run each twitter script in the terminal once to generate the OAuth tokens
- Same for Foursquare and the Google Latitude APIs, if you’re using them.
- Cron this, because typing it every so often is dull.
- The example_twitter.sh includes wrappers to make sure it never runs before the last one finishes, duplicate that.
- Install the web dir somewhere accessible
- Edit the wordpress plugin to be able to find it.
- Complain when it doesn’t work.