Drupal 7 web.config file
Drupal 7 web.config file for use on Windows servers.
The file includes two fixes:
- Fix default favicon rewrite rules. See this issue on Drupal.org for more information.
- Force of www in front of the domain name to avoid duplicate content on search engines.
- Expiration of static files set to 2 weeks.
- Remove unnecessary header information (e.g. Plesk)
- Optionally exclude requests to certain folder for separate applications in subfolders
Tested on Windows Server 2008 and IIS 7.0. This web.config works for single and multi site installs.
See also web.config for use with Boost module.