GLSL optimizer Change Log
- Metal/GLES: Fixed bad optimization (all code removed) when framebuffer fetch extension is used, but fragment shader does not actually read the incoming color value.
- Fixed translation of texelSize().
- Fixed translation of texelFetch().
- Metal: Fixed constant precision propagation in some cases.
- Metal: Fixed shadowmap sampling when reference Z value is outside of 0..1 range (now clamps to match GLES specs).
- Fixed Metal translation in some cases having wrong precision on constants or constant arrays.
- Fixed Metal translation in some cases having wrong precision on struct members.
- Fixed Metal translation in some cases emitting struct declarations vs. constant initializers in wrong order.
- Fixed translation performance regression in loop analysis (regressed in 2015 06 fixes).
- 2D shadow and 2D array uniforms got their own glslopt_basic_type entries.
- Fixed translation of 2D texture arrays (GLSL with EXT_texture_array, GLES3 and Metal).
- Fixed some cases of different precision matrix assignments being miscompiled on Metal.
- Fixed yet more issues with translation of weird loops.
- Fixed translation of matrix+scalar, matrix-scalar, matrix/scalar operations on Metal.
- Fixes some cases of highp/mediump sampler sampling resulting in resulting temporaries wrongly being lowp.
- GLES2: support EXT_draw_instanced / gl_InstanceIDEXT.
- Support gl_VertexID in GLSL < 1.30 when EXT_gpu_shader4 is used.
- Metal: fixed some bugs with translation of weird loops.
- Texture LOD sampling functions on GLES2.0 now produce a wrapper call, that does approximation (mip bias) on devices that don't support GL_EXT_shader_texture_lod.
- Undefined precision integers on GLES now default to highp.
- Float literals are printed with 7 significant digits now.
- Metal: GLSL mod() is properly translated into Metal's fmod().
- Metal: Fixed some cases of reciprocal (1/x) printing missing half precision cast.
- GLES3: textureOffset with a mipmap bias is printed correctly now.
- Fixed a bug with loop inductor detection if the inductor was used before the loop for some things.
- Fixed printing of int/float bitcast operations.
- Improved precision determination of some constructs.
- Support for translating GLSL shaders into Apple Metal shading language. Exactly same process; GLSL in (preferably ES3 variant), optimization passes, Metal out. All uniforms currently will be put into one constant buffer. Pass kGlslTargetMetal target to get Metal.
- Shader reflection API. See glslopt_shader_get_* functions. Binding indices are only automatically assigned on Metal now; on GL/ES targets the reflection API is only useful to get list of inputs/uniforms, their names and types.
- Improved dead code elimation: some cases of swizzled/masked assignments where same variable was on both sides were not eliminated if that variable was totally unused later.
- Merged with upstream Mesa, comes with new optimizations (min/max pruning, tree rebalancing, vector_insert lowering).
- sampler3D declarations were missing precision qualifier on GLES3.0.
- Supports GL_EXT_draw_buffers in ES2.0, for MRT.
- Supports GL_EXT_shader_framebuffer_fetch now, in both ES2.0 & 3.0.
- Fixed printing of infinities & NaNs.
- Fixed vectorization pass in some cases going wrong on texture lookups.
- Optimization: split vectors with only some used components into scalars.
- Fixed more issues with for-loop printing.
- Fixed printing of unsigned integer swizzled & constants.
- Fixed missing precision qualifier in some ES shaders (mostly due to expansion of ternary ?: check).
- Fixed vectorize pass introduced last month going wrong with dot products.
- Better optimization: vectorize assignments to individual vector channels.
- More OpenGL ES 2.0 conformant printing of complex for-loops (loop inductions printed as += or ++; loop initializers inside loop body).
- Fixed array assignments sometimes appearing in pre-GLSL1.20 versions, especially with complex loops that couldn't be unrolled.
- Fixed output of textureOffset and texelFetch.
- Fixed error messages on MRT outputs on GL & GLES3 (now supports 4 MRTs).
- Optimized performance; was spending half of the time in stupid string code.
- Added glslopt_shader_get_stats to get very approximate shader complexity stats.
- Nicer printing of complicated for-loops.
- Fixed printing of struct initializers.
- Better optimizations: CSE;
A+(-B) => A-B;
!A || !B => !(A && B).
- Merged with upstream Mesa.
- Fixed location qualifiers, ES3.0 version printing, samplerCubeShadow sampling operations.
- Initial OpenGL ES 3.0 support
- API to query shader input names; glslopt_shader_get_input_count and glslopt_shader_get_input_name
- Xcode project files updated to Xcode 5
- VS2013 fixes