epub generator using the given RSS link.
- Install nodejs
- Clone this project
- Install all the nodejs modules listed in package.json
Website will start running in port 8080. http://localhost:8080
- Generate ebook and read articles/blog offline in mobile devices/ebook readers.
- If we generate ebook from webpage the cleaning the content is difficult. Since we directly get the web content in RSS feed, generation of ebook is easy.
- Some websites provide RSS link for specific tags. We can generate ebook only from those tags and read offline.
- Faster ebook generation using RSS feed.(Compared to ebook generation by scraping webpages)
- Change the RSS feed setting in your website to display complete content in RSS and then generate ebook. We can revert the RSS setting to default once ebook generated :)
- If RSS feeds have only partial content, then this app may not be useful.
- If the number of feeds in RSS is limited, it will get only those feeds and creates ebook.
- Validations are not done yet.
- Crashes after first run :( (RSS parsing library is giving some error)
- Image download code is available, but it is very messy. Have to cleanup the code to download images and update the manifest accordingly.
- Unicode font embeding is not working.
- Navigation menus and Chapter split into new pages.