Browse thousands of "low poly / high quali" 3d models of real furniture pieces and use them in your own A-Frame apps.
These instructions will get you a copy of the project up and running on your local machine for development and testing purposes. See deployment for notes on how to deploy the project on a live system.
> node -v 7.8.0 > npm -v 4.2.0 > git version git version 2.11.0 (Apple Git-81)
To install the furniture app on your computer, run the following steps in a terminal:
git clone email@example.com:archilogic-com/3dio-furniture-app.git cd 3dio-furniture-app npm install
Once these steps have finished, in the same terminal you can run the development web server shipping with the project:
npm run dev
This will launch the application on http://localhost:3000. Alternatively, you can run the application with any static HTTP server of your choice.
To be able to serve it via the furniture.3d.io subdomain, we are using CloudFront as a CDN and our DNS to point the domain to the CloudFront distribution.
Here are a few noteworthy settings:
- Configure a new "Web" distribution
* Enter the Github Page URL as the "Origin Domain Name" (i.e.
- Select "Redirect HTTP to HTTPS"
- You may want to override the cache timing with the "Object Caching" setting set to "Customize". TTLs are in seconds.
- To help keeping the overview, enter the domain name (e.g. "furniture.3d.io") as the comment
- Once the distribution is created, click "Edit" in the "General" tab and enter the domain name (e.g. "furniture.3d.io") into the "Alternate Domain Names" field.
- Once the distribution is created, click "Edit" in the "Origins" tab and select "HTTPS only" as the Origin Protocol Policy
- Configure a new "Web" distribution * Enter the Github Page URL as the "Origin Domain Name" (i.e.
- Select the "3d.io" Zone
- Use "Create Record Set" to add a new record of type "A" with the desired subdomain (e.g. enter "furniture")
- Select "Yes" for "Alias"
- Paste the Cloudfront distribution URL into the "Value" field
Pushing changes to the "master" branch will update the page. This process may take up to 15 minutes and longer, depending on the TTL settings in CloudFront.
All contributions are welcome. For typos, small bug fixes and small improvements, please feel free to submit a Pull Request. If you are not sure if you have found a bug or have some larger scale changes in mind, please open an issue so duplication of work and misunderstandings can be avoided.
- Tomas Polach - Idea, Design, Code - tomas-polach
- Martin Splitt - Code, Design - avgp See also the list of contributors who participated in this project.
This project is licensed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE.md file for details