App that enable to calculate correlation between data of different countries
Use ruby (sinatra web framework + sequel database access), PostgreSQL, jQuery + Underscore
- Install tools
- Create a database
- Create schema with sequel -m migrations postgres://user:password@host/database
- Download world bank data from http://data.worldbank.org/data-catalog "WDI & GDF (CSV)"
- Uncompress the file at the project's root in /WDIandGDF_csv
Run data/*.rb postgres://user:password@host/database one after another
Run process_asssets.rb to generate assets
For a minimal bootstrap version, parts to include are:
- Scaffolding: Normalize and reset, Body type and links
- Base CSS: Headings, Code and pre, Labels, Tables, Forms, Buttons
- Components: Button groups and dropdowns, Alerts
- JS Components: Collapse
- Miscellaneous: Close icon, Utilities, Component animations
- jQuery plugins: Transitions, Alert messages, Buttons, Collapse
Except files with their own copyright license (which are mostly in public/external):
Copyright (c) 2012, Julien Kirch, MIT license All rights reserved.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.