This is just an EventLoop framework I built for pterosaur. I'm keeping it in a seperate plugin so other people can use it.
EventLoop uses a syntax similar to vim's autocommands
- :ElGroup <groupname> starts editing an EventLoop group
- :ElCmd adds a command to the EventLoop group. This command will be repeated every .2(configurable) seconds.
- :ElGroup END ends group editing
- :ElGroup! <groupname> removes a group and all its commands
- :ElSetting timer <time> changes the time between function calls of the current group to <time>*100 milliseconds.
ElGroup! pterosaur ElGroup pterosaur ElSetting timer 4 ElCmd call CheckConsole() ElCmd call OutputMessages() ElGroup END
- Vim with +clientserver
- GNU/Linux or OS X. Probably works on other unix-like systems too.
cd ~/.vim/bundle git clone https://github.com/ardagnir/eventloop.vim
- Timers are rounded up to the nearest even number and are a best-case value. (Your function won't get called faster than the timer, but it might get called slower.)
- Using EventLoop hides the cursor when typing ex commands.
EventLoop is licensed under the AGPL v3