Minimalist text editor with vim-compatible key bindings.
- Edit efficiently with over a hundred supported vim commands.
- Find files and commands instantly with built-in fuzzy search.
- Easily customize settings for different programming languages and projects.
Aretext key bindings are compatible with vim's normal, insert, and visual modes. See Command Reference for details.
- The user interface is stable, and I am using it as my primary editor.
- Syntax highlighting is available for many languages, including Go, Python, Rust, and C.
- Many important vim commands are supported, but there are still many more to add!
See open milestones for the current roadmap.
Contributions are welcome! Please read the Contribution Guidelines to get started.
See DEVELOPING for steps to build, test, and debug aretext.
Copyright and License
Copyright (C) 2021-2022 Will Daly
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/.