This is my playground to play around with the following technology:
Basically I just copy paste and modify some code from Addy Osmani and Derick Bailey's repo. Later I'll put the link to their repo.
How to run this application
- I use IntelliJ IDEA 11. I think this should be easily imported into other IDE also.
- Setup your mongoDB ( I refer to this http://docs.mongodb.org/master/tutorial/install-mongodb-on-debian-or-ubuntu-linux/)
- Create database and user. Don't forget to update the
- If you don't like mongoDB, you can switch to other DB like mySQL. It's very easy in Grails.
grails run-appas usual.
What's next to add
- Change domain model to more complex domain. I will create a form where each field itself is an object.
- Add feature to have real time comment on each field, using Vert.x
I leave master branch as is, containing simple
TO DO apps. I'll comeback to complete the functionality later on.
I have created new branch (vert.x) to add vert.x into grails. Just to ensure the Vert.x setup is working before I move on to next step:
- integrating Backbone with SockJS
- let it talk with Vert.x.
Note that I upgrade to JDK 7 to make it work with Vert.x.