- Backbone.js-based clone of the popular business news site Quartz with Medium-style blogging features
- Implements site-wide infinite scroll built on top of Kaminari and firing custom SQL queries
- Utilizes Redis to maintain full page-level article cache, refreshing on database changes
- Uses custom-built Markdown-based text editor with live HTML text and image preview, allowing for automated text selection and instantaneous AJAX uploading and rendering
- Live searches and highlights full article text with prioritized PgSearch query
Website live on http://www.topaz.ninja/. Suggested demo path:
- Sign in as demo user (click the "demo user" button in the sign-in modal)
- Click around on the different view filters (popular, votecount, favorites)
- Scroll to the bottom to see infinite scroll in action!
- And try navigating with the sidebar.
- Try sorting by tag, then try searching by a tag that isn't there (click the little white search icon directly to the right of the tag label), e.g. "apple". Infinite scroll here too when applicable.
- Try clicking the white search icon in the navbar and searching for something, e.g. "google". Infinite scroll here too when applicable.
- Click the dashboard link in the dropdown menu in the uppermost righthand corner of the page to go to your dashboard.
- Create a new article; watch the live preview in action!
- On submit, try favoriting and commenting on your new article; watch notifications be added in the navbar and the article's votecount increase in the sidebar.
- Try deleting the article (via the link in the sidebar); its associated notification will go away.
- Once you finally get tired of the site, hit ctrl-a to have a little bit of fun! (Refresh and/or click on the page if nothing happens.)