Nhl goal light python3 for raspberry pi GPIO. Works with any team, just enter team name without city when prompted.
Before use, make sure you have:
python3, python3-pip, git
Run the following commands manually to install requirements
$ sudo apt-get install git mpg123 python3 python-pip3 $ sudo git clone https://github.com/arim215/nhl_goal_light.git $ sudo pip3 install -r requirements.txt
You can prepare a "settings.txt" file to auto-config the nhl_goal_light.py code, or the code will ask for your input everytime.
To start application, use following commands:
$ sudo python3 nhl_goal_light.py
For documentation on how to wire the GPIOs with the lights and the button, pleaser refer to the "docs" folder.
- Raspberry Pi (currently using raspberry pi A model, but any model will work)
- Red Rotating Beacon Warning Light from ebay
- 5V 2 Channel Relay Module from ebay
- Momentary OFF ON Push Round Button
- 12V to 5V 1A adapter (used a car usb adapter) would be good to have a dual usb adapter in case you need to plug something else like a usb speaker.
- 3.5mm audio extension cable
If you wish to change the audio clips to sounds with your teams goal horn and music, just download them, rename them (goal_horn_#.mp3) and save them in the "audio" folder.
I've teste my code while watching Rogers Gamecenter Live and the stream seems to be a bit delayed, so I added a delay to my code to make the goal horn start later. You will be prompted to enter a delay that works with your stream.