Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Changes in Legion
Please read them first they should provide some help
ensure you make a backup copy of your saved variables file before installing a beta version - you cannot revert back to an older version without that backup.
your saved variable file is normally located in
...\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\yourwowaccount\SavedVariables\ArkInventory.lua
a simple way to back it up is to just do a copy and paste (while the game isn't running) then rename the new file (using the version number of AI is a good idea), eg
ArkInventory (AI or ARKINV) is an inventory mod that was based off EngInventory when the BtS 2.0.0 patch came out and I needed a working replacement.
AI's display windows are built from "virtual bars", you assign categories (either the default ones or ones you create via rules) to bars so that items in that category are displayed on the specific bars you want. There is no limit to the number of bars you can have inside a window but obviously you only have so much screen real estate before it becomes "too many".
AI uses several methods to assign a default category to an item such as what professions you have, tooltip scanning, basic type/subtype and PeriodicTable. You then assign those categories to a virtual bar.
As the default categories are not perfect, nor will they be correct for the way some people play, you can over-ride them by creating a rule that matches either a single or multiple items.
AI will toggle via B (the default backpack open) or any other key you have assigned to open the backpack (so long as the Blizzard Bag/Bank frames are being hidden). There are also keybinding choices to various other parts and functions from AI.
To access your KeyBindings;
- Press ESCAPE to bring up the blizzard menu.
- click on Key Bindings.
- scroll down to ArkInventory.
- bind the keys you want to use (or unbind if required).
After checking that your bug hasn't been reported you can create a new issue.
When entering an issue please make sure that you include the following;
- the AI version number (not the svn revision number). AI won't have mid version releases, except betas, and those will have beta version numbers.
- the version of WoW.
- what language (if not english).
- a screenshot for visual bugs (if you can't explain it clearly).
- the error message(s) (if you have an error mod installed then the entire stack trace would be even better).
- replacing a larger bag with a smaller bag can leave some items highlighted (if bag highlight is enabled)
- moving an item from one guild bank tab to another will leave a ghost item behind until you view that tab again (it also increases the tooltip count for that ghost item).
- honor token icon displays the faction for the logged on character, not the displayed character
If you really want to see what got changed in each revision there is a
VersionHistory.txt file included that has all those details. It's also in the Wiki (just click on the link above)
To Do List
Currently empty, or at least nothing major.
ReadMe.txt may have some entries.