Debian based Linux for ARM based single-board computers
How to build an image or a kernel?
Supported build environment is Ubuntu Bionic 18.04 x64 (minimal iso image).
- guest inside a VirtualBox or other virtualization software,
- guest managed by Vagrant. This uses Virtualbox (as above) but does so in an easily repeatable way. Please check the Armbian with Vagrant README for a quick start HOWTO,
- inside a Docker, systemd-nspawn or other container environment (example),
- running natively on a dedicated PC or a server (not recommended),
- 20GB disk space or more and 2GB RAM or more available for the VM, container or native OS,
- superuser rights (configured
sudoor root access).
apt-get -y install git git clone https://github.com/armbian/build cd build ./compile.sh
Make sure that full path to the build script does not contain spaces.
Build process uses caching for the compilation and the debootstrap process, so consecutive runs with similar settings will be much faster.
How to report issues?
Please read this notice first before opening an issue.
How to contribute?
- Fork the project
- Make one or more well commented and clean commits to the repository.
- Perform a pull request in github's web interface.
If it is a new feature request, don't start the coding first. Remember to open an issue to discuss the new feature.
If you are struggling, check this detailed step by step guide on contributing.