Physics-based ball and brick game written in LUA
This is a version of the classic brick-breaking game written in LUA, making use of the LÖVE game framework. It is written for LÖVE 0.11.3.
- physics-based brick breaking game
- up to two player simultaneous
- hand-coded physics with freely movable player bat, (in)elastic collisions, gravity etc.
Player 1 controls with the mouse or gamepad 1 or wasd plus ctrl.
Player 2 controls with cursor keys plus shift for turbo, or gamepad 2 (any button is turbo).
A .love file for use with Love2D on any platform can be downloaded below. On many platforms, after Love2D is installed, you can double-click any .love file to automatically run the game. Pre-packaged executables for Windows (.exe installer), MacOS (.dmg installer file), and Switch (.nro file for cfw) are also available below.
Pre-packaged Android files (.apk package) are currently only available for a previous release, v20, which used Love 0.10. You can find those files here: https://github.com/ArneSchwettmann/ArnesBreakout/releases/tag/v20
To compile from source under Windows, simply drag the src directory onto Love.exe version 0.11.3. For more information on LÖVE, visit love2d.org.
Written by Arne Schwettmann
Copyright (c) 2013-2021 Arne Schwettmann
The above copyright holds for all material in this project that is not part of LÖVE or the libraries distributed with LÖVE. This program is not free software. Default copyright laws apply. See License.txt and Readme_License.txt in the zip file for more licensing details
- Fix erratic movement on touch release on systems with touch mouse emulation
- Improved player 1 controls, can now use wasd+ctrl as well as gamepad or mouse
- Added more mouse sensitivity choices
- Changed some default keys, for example use escape instead of q for quit.
- Fixed all incompatibilities with latest Love 0.11.3.
- Improved gamepad and touch controls (fixes controls on Switch)