The apistylebook.com repository contains the data and tools used to build the API Stylebook.
The API Stylebook aims to help API Designers to solve API design matters and build their API design guidelines by providing quick and easy access to selected and categorized resources.
More detail about the API Stylebook.
- api: Static files pushed to the apistylebook-api repository on gh-pages branches along with the files generated by
- builder: Node module using
datafiles to generate md files used by jenkins web site in
weband the YAML and JSON files for the static API in
- data: YAML files containing the API Stylebook data
- scripts: Scripts to build and deploy the API Stylebook website and API
- web: Jenkins website pushed to the apistylebook-web repository on gh-pages. Used the md files generated by
Contributing to the API Stylebook
You can contribute to the API Stylebook by sending PRs.
Add a new styleguide
To add a new styleguide, you need to create a new guideline file
id: some-company-new-guidelines-id title: New Guidelines type: website url: https://developer.somecompany.com/docs/guidelines/ company: Some Company companyLogoUrl: /media/logos/some-company.png companyUrl: https://developer.somecompany.com/ screenshotUrl: /media/screenshots/some-company-new-guidelines-id.png date: 2016-01-22 reviewDate: 2016-09-01 topics: some-topic: - name: Some Section Name url: https://developer.somecompany.com/docs/guidelines/#some-section-name quote: A quote to find easily the topic in the section
Add a new topic
To add a new topic which was not already covered by an existing guideline, you need to add it to the
some-topic: category: Some Category name: Some Topic description: A description of this topic
Here's the list of tools used:
- Bootstrap to build easily a responsive website
- Bootstrap TOC for dynamic TOC sidebar
- Anchor JS to add links on H1, H2, H3 sections titles on posts
- Font Awesome for icons
- Jekyll to build the static website apistylebook.com
- Github Page to host apistylebook.com and api.apistylebook.com
- Travis CI to build and deploy apistylebook.com and api.apistylebook.com