Here we go
Some weirdo old school type of game I'm having fun with.
Next up todo:
- Move player object into its own file
- Allow the player to distribute attribute points
- Find a way to centralize attribute calculations, possibly on the entity?
- re-render (at least lights) more often - now it's just happening when you move or an alien shows up
Features to add soonish:
- Add a module library. Should probably be easy to drop in browserify or something.
- Save player position, time of day, experience points when you quit the tab
- Come up with game mechanics that make the game really unique and fun (jk)
- Come up with some sort of storyline?
- Make aliens move and attack the player and each other
- Allow the player to talk to cowboy guys and other people
Content to add/change:
- maybe use something else than drawings for each of the characters?
- Add more houses
- And more types of people
- More types of enemies.. possibly red aliens etc
Features to add one day, probably by somebody smarter than me:
- Make the lighting better, smarter - right now it's barely enough to make night time a bit more interesting.
It's actually just plain html + js so far, so you can just run it from the file system. http server not even required.
However: currently the game is 100% chrome only. There are plans to support firefox as well, but that will probably not be very soon
(Uses the MIT License)
Copyright (c) 2013 Arnor Heidar Sigurdsson firstname.lastname@example.org
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the 'Software'), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED 'AS IS', WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.