ECU board in order to control sensors and actuators of ARPG's self driving vehicle
How board versions work?
each ECU pcb has a version format of v.X.Y in which
- X represents the major change in functionality of the board
- Y represents minor changes like fixing errors in PCB or adding simple functions like an LED
How to add a new board with major change?
- branch from current master (this should only add some readme files and folders)
- create your project in the folders created from previous step
- when you are ready to push your changes,create a new branch and name it as 'v.major_number' (ex. v.3 )
- after you are done with your design add a minor tag of 1 to your last commit (ex. add tag v.3.1)
How to add minor changes for last major board?
- apply andd commit your changes when you were done add a minor tag for your commit (ex. add tag v.3.2)
What should every last minor commit include?
- updated pcbproject, schematic and layout files
- updated gerber files
- updated nc-drill files
- updated assembly files
- updated BOM
- updated pdf showing all schematic and layout files