It provides several robot models based on the Arduino and Raspberry Pi.
- Communication over Wifi
- A user friendly and beautiful web-interface - no app is needed!
- Video streaming in real time (up to 1080p@30fps - yes, its full hd!)
- Based on arch linux - no limits
Supported robot models
How to install
Step 1: Checkout the project locally
git clone https://github.com/arpi-robotics/arpi-robotics.git
Step 2: Get your Arduino ready
The setup of the arduino is model specific, so take a look under the docs folder.
Then open the arduino/<model type>/<model type>.ino in your Arduino IDE and upload it to your Arduino.
The Arduino is now ready.
Step 3: Checkout the project remotely on your raspberry pi
ssh to your raspi and then:
sudo aptitude install python-virtualenv python-dev git clone https://github.com/arpi-robotics/arpi-robotics.git cd arpi-robotics/ virtualenv venv source venv/bin/activate ./venv/bin/pip install -r requirements.txt ./venv/bin/python runserver.py
Open this in browser:
TODOs / Planned Features
- lag free video streaming to the browser (for now we are using netcat, tried vlc, ffmpeg, gstreamer and mjpeg-stream - all with lags >2s)
- run with the fast python interpreter "pypy" (gevent is here the problem)
- handle wifi connections directly in python
- create a basis to work with opencv