What is Conduit
Conduit is a synchronization application for GNOME. It allows you to synchronize your data between online web services (Gmail, backpackit.com, etc) and your computer.
Conduit is not a PIM synchronization application for sync'ing your mobile phone with your Evolution notes. This functionality is planned for the future
What Can Conduit Do
This release aims to show the possibilities of Conduit and to try and get other developers interested. It is the first release that is Useful but still has limitations.
- You can synchronize (one way at this stage) between the following
- Gmail Emails
- Gnome-vfs Files
- RSS Feed with Enclosures
- Tomboy Notes
- Stickynotes applet Notes
- Backpackit.com Notes
If conversion of data is required between these items then that will be handled automatically and transparently. E.g binary files will be attached to email, text files will be inserted inline.
- I am actively looking for help with this project.
- Conduit is written in python and PyGTK
- Conduit has been designed to be easy to extend. It implements a plugin system much like deskbar.
- One of Conduits main aims is to encourage other developers to come onto the project through supplying:
More and more people use online services to organise their life, I hope Conduit can be the bridge between peoples computers and the web.