Warning! This is rpclib's unstable development branch. Not only that, but rpclib project is experimental. You have been warned.
Warning! The soaplib project has been forked! The new address is: https://github.com/soaplib/soaplib
Warning! Even though the original author of rpclib has grand plans for it, he's afk until further notice. Feel free to hack it while he's away!
What is rpclib?
Rpclib is an easy to use python library for publishing services that uses various protocols and transports. Currently, it supports WSDL 1.1 and SOAP 1.1 protocols over either ZeroMQ or HTTP.
With a very small amount of code, rpclib allows you to write a useful remote procedure call pack and deploy it using your transport of choice.
The official rpclib discussion forum can be found here.
See the downloads section for related downloads.
Rpclib is a generalized version of a soap processing library known as soaplib. The legacy versions of soaplib are also available in this repository. See here for the stable soaplib-0.8 branch. See here for the stable soaplib-1.0 branch. See here for the stable soaplib-2.0 branch.
- Deploy services as WSGI applications
- Handles all (de)serialization
- On-demand WSDL generation
- Powerful customization features to support many use-cases
- Doesn't get in your way!!!
- Python 2.4 or greater
- A WSGI-compliant web server for http services. (CherryPy, WSGIUtils, Twisted, etc.)
- lxml for soap. (available through easy_install)
- pytz (available through easy_install)
See the examples directory in the source distribution for deployment examples. Rpclib services have been successfully run on the following web servers:
- CherryPy 2.2
- twisted.web (8.2, 9.0)
- WSGIUtils 0.9
- Most examples and tests require Python 2.5 or greater
- Twisted is required for