Warning! This is rpclib's unstable development branch. Not only that, but rpclib project is experimental. You have been warned.
Warning! The documentation is useless! To get some examples, look at the tests.
Rpclib is a library for publishing services that uses various protocols and transports. Currently, it supports WSDL 1.1 interface to publish services that use SOAP 1.1 or the (Rest-minus-the-verbs) HttpRPC protocol over either ZeroMQ or HTTP (using WSGI).
With a very small amount of code, rpclib allows you to write a useful remote procedure call pack and deploy it using your transport of choice.
The official rpclib discussion forum can be found here.
See the downloads section for related downloads.
Rpclib is a generalized version of a soap processing library known as soaplib. The legacy versions of soaplib are also available in this repository. See here for the stable soaplib-0.8 branch. See here for the stable soaplib-1.0 branch. See here for the stable soaplib-2.0 branch.
- Handles all (de)serialization.
- On-demand WSDL generation.
- Powerful customization features to support many use-cases.
- Python 2.4 through 2.7 (looking for volunteers to test Python 3.x)
- A WSGI-compliant web server for http services. (CherryPy, WSGIUtils, Twisted, etc.)
- lxml for soap. (available through easy_install)
- pytz (available through easy_install)
See the examples directory in the source distribution for deployment examples. Rpclib services have been successfully run on the following web servers:
- CherryPy 2.2
- twisted.web (8.2, 9.0)
- WSGIUtils 0.9
- Most examples and tests require Python 2.5 and greater. You need Python 2.7 to run all of the tests.
- Twisted is required for
- To run automated tests, see instructions under test/README