What is soaplib?
Soaplib is an easy to use python library for publishing soap web services using WSDL 1.1 standard, and answering SOAP 1.1 requests. With a very small amount of code, soaplib allows you to write a useful web service and deploy it as a WSGI application.
The official soaplib discussion forum can be found here.
The legacy 0.8.x version of soaplib is also available in this github repository.
See the downloads section for related downloads.
- Deploy services as WSGI applications
- Handles all xml (de)serialization
- On-demand WSDL generation
- Powerful customization features that supports many use-cases.
- doesn't get in your way!!!
- Python 2.4 or greater
- a WSGI-compliant web server (CherryPy, WSGIUtils, Flup, etc.)
- lxml (available through easy_install)
- pytz (available through easy_install)
Soaplib services can be deployed as WSGI applications, in any WSGI-compliant web server. See the examples directory in the source distribution for deployment examples. Soaplib services have been successfully run on the following web servers:
- CherryPy 2.2
- twisted.web (8.2, 9.0)
- WSGIUtils 0.9
- Most examples and tests require Python 2.5 or greater
- Twisted is required for