WikiRank is a multilingual tool to rank reliability of news articles by using the frequency of Wikipedia citations from different sources on a topic as a proxy for reliability. WikiRank reuses the work the work Wikipedia contributors have done in finding credible sources of information.
How WikiRank works
- News article: The user provides a news article for WikiRank to analyse.
- Topic: WikiRank performs a keyword extraction to define the topics of the article.
- Wikidata: WikiRank links the Wikidata item to the extracted topic.
- Wikidata statements: WikiRank uses Wikidata statements (e.g instance of and occupation to understand the context of the topic to form a 'topic domain'
- Wikipedia references: WikiRank counts the number of citations from each news source in Wikipedia articles in the ‘topic domain’ to find the most used reference sources for that topic.
Lucie Kaffee Reuben Thomas Alex Ma Alessandro Toppetti Erdinc Mutlu John Cummings Kai Landolt