ARTIK cloud services Door Anomaly Detection Sample
This is an interactive web sample to detect smart lock anomalies using the ARTIK cloud services Machine Learning API for Anomaly Detection. The sample will assist in prepopulating training data to the device and walk through setting up a Rule that uses anomaly detection.
- You should know how to perform the following tasks on ARTIK cloud services: Creating Device Types, adding devices to your account, retrieving the device ID and device token, and using Rules.
- We will use Python to run the built-in web container and run the sample locally on
Setup / Installation
- Create a new device type for this sample. To facilitate setting up the Manifest, upload the
virtual-lock-manifest.jsonfile after creating.
- Add a device (of above device type) into your account and retrieve the device ID and device token. Click "GENERATE DEVICE TOKEN…" to get one.
1. Run Sample
We will use the built-in web server in Python.
The following command will start startup a local server running on port 8000.
%> python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8000 Serving HTTP on 0.0.0.0 port 8000 ...
Then navigate to the following link http://localhost:8000 using your favorite web browser.
The tutorial is self-contained and you can follow the instructions there. For convenience, we'll outline the steps below.
2. Set up Lock Device
The below steps refer to the sample web application.
Go to the "Setup a lock device" section and enter the device ID and device Token and click Save.
3. Feed Training Data
Click on the "Generate data" button. This will feed 1 month of past data with locked and unlocked events to the device.
4. Set up Anomaly Detection Rule
Go to the Rules dashboard to set up a Rule that uses anomaly detection. Detailed instructions are provided in the web application.
Here we are creating a Rule if an anomaly is detected.
5. Simulate sending a new Lock or Unlock event
In the send regular data section of the web application, click on the Lock or Unlock button to simulate sending new events. If the rule detects an anomaly based on the trained past data, it will trigger the Rule you created in the previous step (Anomaly Detection Rule).
More about ARTIK cloud services
If you are not familiar with ARTIK cloud services, we have extensive documentation at https://developer.artik.cloud/documentation
The full ARTIK cloud services API specification can be found at https://developer.artik.cloud/documentation/api-reference/
Peek into advanced sample applications at https://developer.artik.cloud/documentation/tutorials/code-samples/
To create and manage your services and devices on ARTIK cloud services, visit the Developer Dashboard at https://developer.artik.cloud
License and Copyright
Licensed under the Apache License. See LICENSE.
Copyright (c) 2018 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.