Sample is used to demonstrate how an assembly can be loaded while the application is already running.
To make this sample work you need to follow these steps.
- Compile solution in Visual Studio
- Go to newly created solution subfolder Output\Debug
- Start Shell.exe from folder Application
- A plain WPF will open that shows V1
- Leave application open and run ExecuteUpdate.bat
- Window content will change from V1 and show V2 instead
- Clicking on the Throw Exception will trigger an exception to demonstrate the fallback to the previous Version. It will automatically switch back to V1 window content.
This is a rudimentary demonstration how it can be done to dynamically load new assembly versions at run time. There are still some issues that need to be resolved in future.
- Unload old assembly versions from application