=== Plugin Name === Contributors: artlung,pathawks Donate link: http://joecrawford.com/plugin-donation Tags: metadata, opengraphprotocol, facebook Requires at least: 2.9 Tested up to: 5.0 Stable tag: 1.8
Adds Open Graph Protocol meta to the individual pages and posts of your WordPress Install.
== Description ==
Adds Open Graph Protocol meta tags to individual content pages of your WordPress install. Works in coordination with "Like" buttons and "share" inside Facebook and other consumers of OGP metadata.
== Installation ==
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- To add the "Like" module, use this code:
<?php /** * Include this code on your theme for single blog posts (for example, in your single.php file) * or on your blogs main page to include a Facebook "Like" iframe */ if (function_exists('the_opengraphprotocoltools_like_code')): the_opengraphprotocoltools_like_code(); else: echo "<!-- opengraphprotocoltools is not activated -->"; endif; ?>
It would be best if in your theme you also added an attribute in the
<html> tag, like this:
<html prefix="og: http://ogp.me/ns#">
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
= Is there a FAQ? =
I've gotten some bug reports via GitHub, you can report bugs or make comments there.
= For more information about Open Graph Protocol =
Visit Open Graph Protocol.
== Screenshots ==
== Changelog ==
= 1 =
- First version.
= 1.2 =
- Changed instructions, fixes encoding errors for non-English content.
= 1.3 =
- Improve issue with home vs front page
= 1.6 =
- Improvements by pathawks to accommodate more types
- Address double encoding issue with wptexturize modified values
= 1.7 =
- Misc improvements I never enumerated and can't remember. Whoops.
= 1.8 =
- WordPress 5 compatibility check!