A Facebook Messenger bot for Artsy.
Allows you to explore Artworks, Artists and Articles in a pretty deep way by just clicking around.
Currently it's being hosted on my personal heroku, and with my own personal facebook app "Ortsy-art". Will be migrated into a real staging environment at some point.
The app splits into a few sections:
Want to test it?
The easiest way to start is to say "trending artists", then start interacting via the buttons that are provided.
If you want to see all off the potential elements we can use, say any of:
"gif", "audio", "video", "image", "file", "button", "generic", "receipt", "quick reply", "read receipt", "typing on", "typing off", "account linking".
What is the focus?
- Providing another way to subscribe to Artsy Articles
- Offer a way to dive into some of our data
Setting up for Dev
Clone the repo, run
git clone https://github.com/artsy/Mitosis.git cd mitosis yarn install
This is still a bit rough around the edges for contributors. As you cannot easily use the Facebook API to send you webhook notifications to you. However, to run a copy of the server, create a copy of
config.default.json.example and make it
- Allow you to connect to your Artsy account
- Offer a way to get occasional notifications to trigger exploration
- Think about what chat-like interfaces feel like in practice
- Xapp tokens will need a way to consider themselves out of date, and get new ones
This is based on the Facebook Sample app, then I added flow, and started making it a real project.