Artsy x React-Native
A conference aimed specifically at iOS native engineers who are interested in React Native. The conference wrap-up page with videos and slides is available at http://artsy.github.io/artsy-x-react-native.html
9am - 9.30: Guests arrive and sign in 9.30 - 9.45: Guests move into presentation space / find seating 9.45 - 10.00: 15 minute intro talk & housekeeping (organisers + artsy + facebook) 10.00 - 10.30: Introducing React Native into existing iOS projects 10.30 - 11.00: Artsy Omakase 11.00 - 11.15: Coffee / bathroom break 11.15 - 11.40: Learning how to learn 11.45 - 12:30: Panel (with questions from moderator) 12.30 - 13.00: Panel (with questions from audience) 13.00 - 14.00: Lunch 14.00 - 15.15: Workshop set 1 15.15 - 15.30: Small coffee / bathroom break 15.30 - 16.45: Workshop set 2 16:45 - 17.00: Outro, thanks, and pub details 17.30 — onwards: Pub / social
- Purpose of the day / what to expect
- Schedule of the day / when to expect it
- Lunch and breaks / when to expect the important stuff
- WiFi / the most important
- Bathrooms, fire exists, etc / the most boring but important stuff
- Volunteers / people that need pointing out?
How React Native works in a brown-field app.
The choices we made in the library and tooling eco-system, and how we made them.
How to stay sane and ship great stuff while moving from native to React Native.
Artsy Q & A
Artsy x React-Native Workshops
Workshop 1.1 - Building a Components Library
- Speaker: Orta + Maxim
- Going through this blog post.
Workshop 1.2 - React Native under the hood
- Speaker: Eloy
- The iOS app that this ships with the default template
Workshop 2.1 - React Native Bread and Butter
- Speaker: Maxim + Eloy
- Implementing a design
- Using a FlatList, ScrollView
- Flexbox basics
Workshop 2.2 - Minimum Viable Tooling
- Speaker: Orta
- Node / Npm / Yarn
- Babel / TypeScript
- React Native Packager